Our Story - A Gift to Cameron
When Venture Global LNG began designing its Calcasieu Pass LNG export terminal on a 900-acre site in Cameron, they looked at the Parish’s existing plans for transforming the area by creating a marina and restaurant, an exhibition center and new business spaces so Cameron could have the quality-of-life amenities they deserve.
So Venture suggested a bold move. Why not make a gift to the citizens of Cameron Parish of a parcel of land right there on Davis Road? Why not build a new RV resort and a new-and-improved boat launch on the land? Why not preserve the marshland for people to enjoy? But also, why not build a brand new, major restaurant and pleasure marina to improve the quality of life for residents, visitors and workers while creating new business and jobs?
Lighthouse Bend is the answer. This beautiful, new restaurant, Lighthouse Bar & Grill, RV Resort, Marina, and Market, complete with gorgeous views of the Gulf, is now open to everyone!
Why "Lighthouse Bend"?
When the Calcasieu Ship Channel was built beginning a century ago to connect the Gulf to the port in Lake Charles, the final piece was to cut straight across the final bend in the river at Cameron in 1940. The channel dredging created present-day Monkey Island and also required removal of the Calcasieu Lighthouse, first lit in 1876. Cameron Parish is also home to the Sabine Pass Lighthouse, about 38 miles west. There’s a bronze historical marker near Lighthouse Bend on Davis Road.
Lighthouse Bend sits on the eastern shore of the Calcasieu River Ship Channel, known as the “Old River”, or as locals call it, “The Loop.”